Terms and Conditions
It is important that you read the Terms and Conditions set out below as you will be bound by them whenever you access, browse or use this Employer Online website (Employer Online). By accessing, browsing, or using Employer Online you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
These are the current Terms and Conditions and replace any other terms and conditions for Employer Online previously published on this website or earlier versions of this website.
UniSuper Management anticipates that Employer Online will be enhanced on a continuing basis and therefore, UniSuper Management may at any time vary the Terms and Conditions by publishing amended or new terms and conditions on this website. You acknowledge that by doing this UniSuper Management has provided you with sufficient notice of variation and your continued access to or use of Employer Online will constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as varied.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you will cease to be a Registered User of, and to have access to, Employer Online.
Your use of Employer Online is subject strictly to the following Terms and Conditions of use and by using Employer Online you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Employer Online is owned and operated by UniSuper Management on behalf of the Trustee of UniSuper.
- UniSuper Management may amend, modify or replace the Terms and Conditions. You will be given notice of any variation by UniSuper Management by publishing the varied Terms and Conditions on this website. By using or continuing to use Employer Online you acknowledge that UniSuper Management has given you sufficient notice of the variations, and your continued access to or use of Employer Online will constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as varied.
- If you are redirected to a page on the UniSuper website when using Employer Online, you will also be subject to the terms and conditions of use of the UniSuper website.
- You acknowledge that all rights (including copyright), title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in Employer Online and its component parts are the sole and exclusive property of UniSuper Management. You must not engage in any conduct or use of Employer Online in any manner that infringes the intellectual property rights of UniSuper Management or UniSuper.
- You agree not to reproduce, frame, transmit, broadcast, adapt, distribute, modify, reverse assemble or reverse compile Employer Online, or any of its component parts. You also agree not to reproduce or use any of the copyright material or trademarks displayed on Employer Online.
- The Trust Deed and superannuation legislation govern the operation and management of UniSuper and where there is a conflict between the contents or the information on Employer Online and the Trust Deed (which encompasses the governing rules of the fund) the Trust Deed will prevail.
- The information provided on Employer Online has been compiled in good faith by UniSuper Management but no warranty is given regarding its reliability, timeliness, completeness or accuracy, including information provided by third parties. The information may be subject to change without notice.
- You can only be given access to Employer Online if you are authorised by your Employer. If you are authorised to access and use Employer Online, UniSuper Management will issue you with a confidential Username and Password and you will be recognised as a Registered User. Your Username and Password are used in order to protect your Employer’s UniSuper account.
- By accessing Employer Online, you warrant that you have authority to use and carry out any Actions on Employer Online for or on behalf of your Employer.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person at our discretion. We also reserve the right to deny or restrict a Registered User's access to Employer Online or to certain functionalities on Employer Online.
- Access to Employer Online is only permitted to you whilst you are an employee of your Employer and a Registered User and hold a valid Username and Password. If you cease employment with your Employer, your permission to access Employer Online is immediately revoked and you agree not to attempt to access or use Employer Online.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for ensuring that your Username and Password are kept confidential and not disclosed to any other person.
- Your Username and Password will enable anyone who correctly uses them to access your Employer’s account information with UniSuper Management and carry out any Action for which designated user rights have been provided to you. Any Actions by a person who has accessed Employer Online using your allocated Username and Password will be deemed to be made by you or with your or your Employer’s authority.
- If you believe that your Username or Password may have been compromised, lost or misplaced you must notify us immediately. You agree to provide us with all assistance we require in investigating any unauthorised use.
- You further acknowledge and accept that we reserve the right to reissue a replacement Username and/or Password and take such other action that we consider reasonably necessary in order to protect the security of your account.
- Your access to Employer Online may be varied, suspended or cancelled at any time without notice or for reasons beyond UniSuper Management’s control. You agree that UniSuper Management or the Trustee will not be liable for any interruption, variation, suspension or cancellation of the website.
- If you wish to use certain tools available on Employer Online, including but not limited to a superannuation contributions payment portal, Employer request tool, forms or other functionality, you may be required to accept additional acknowledgements or terms and conditions prior to such use.
- You must not introduce or spread any software contamination, including computer viruses and the like when using Employer Online.
- You must not use Employer Online in a manner that breaches, or is likely to breach any law or relevant code of conduct or that infringes any person's rights, including any conduct that would require UniSuper Management or UniSuper or any of its directors, officers, employees and associates to remedy any loss or damage occasioned by such activity.
- You enter into these Terms and Conditions at your own risk and solely in reliance upon your own judgment and not upon any information or representation made by UniSuper Management, the Trustee or their directors, officers, employees and associates.
- You acknowledge and accept that UniSuper Management, the Trustee and their directors, officers, employees and associates will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or any costs, charges and expenses incurred directly or indirectly in connection with your use of Employer Online including:
- us acting in accordance with any Actions that appear to have been given by you, including any unauthorised or fraudulent Actions that occurred prior to you notifying us that your Username or Password may have been compromised, lost or misplaced unless we are aware of a fault in the operation of Employer Online, or of an action by one or more of our employees that has caused an Action to incorrectly appear to have been given by you;
- any request made by you that we stop an Action from being processed;
- any failure to perform any function which we have indicated that it will perform (including any failure as a result of a disruption to any telecommunication service, power supply or internet connection) where outside of our reasonable control;
- any processing delays occurring as a result of any errors or omissions in an Action;
- any technical or service difficulties, including those caused to any computer equipment, software or data and those arising from data corruption, breaches of data security, defects in transmission or computer viruses; and
- the reliance by you or any person acting on your behalf on the reliability, timeliness, completeness or accuracy of any information provided on Employer Online.
- To the extent permitted by law, UniSuper Management excludes all express or implied warranties relating to Employer Online or the services provided therein. Our liability for breach of warranties implied by law that cannot be excluded is limited to re-supplying the functionality accessible through Employer Online or the Action requested by you.
- Neither UniSuper Management nor the Trustee will be liable if you breach these Terms and Conditions or if your use of Employer Online causes loss, damage or injury to you or another person or entity. You or your Employer agree to indemnify UniSuper Management and the Trustee and or any related entity from and against all such loss, damage, injury or expenses, (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) arising either directly or indirectly from a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or from your use of Employer Online.
- UniSuper Management is not responsible for the content of any website which is owned by a third party that may be linked to Employer Online, whether such a link is provided by it or by a third party. The links are provided as a courtesy only and no warranty is made by UniSuper Management concerning the suitability, accuracy or timeliness of the content of any site that may be linked to Employer Online. In providing access to other websites, UniSuper Management is not recommending or endorsing any products or services offered by a third party.
- You warrant that you or your Employer has obtained consent to provide, submit, alter or update any personal information or sensitive information relating to employees of your Employer.
- You acknowledge and confirm that all employee personal information that you provide to us on behalf of your Employer via Employer Online is up to date and correct. Where you have not provided or updated any personal information, we will not be responsible for the accuracy or currency of that information or any consequences thereof.
- Employer Online is provided for access and use by Registered Users who are Australian residents and located within Australia only. Any products or services provided by UniSuper Management are only available to Australian residents.
- These Terms and Conditions and any services provided via or disputes arising out of the use of Employer Online will be subject to the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then if the provision would not be illegal or unenforceable if a word or words were omitted, that word or those words are severed or in any other case the provision is severed and the rest of these Terms and Conditions will continue to be legal and enforceable.
- Action means any instruction or direction made using Employer Online, including but not limited to the submission of superannuation contributions, files, employee information, forms or requests via Employer Online.
- Employer means a body corporate or unincorporated entity that is:
- a university or university college;
- a body which is associated with or related in any way to the body referred to in paragraph (a);
- a body which is otherwise engaged in higher education (or any related or incidental purpose approved by UniSuper Management or the Trustee for participation in UniSuper); or
- any other body which is approved by UniSuper for participation in UniSuper,
- and which has entered into a contractual arrangement with the Trustee for an employee(s) to join and make an agreed level of superannuation contributions to UniSuper.
- Password means the code that is used together with your Username to enable you access to Employer Online.
- Registered User means an officer, employee or contractor of an Employer authorised to access, use and carry out Actions on Employer Online on behalf of the Employer.
- Terms and Conditions means these terms and conditions of use of Employer Online.
- Trustee means UniSuper Limited, ABN 54 006 027 121 as Trustee of UniSuper.
- UniSuper Management means UniSuper Management Pty Ltd, ABN 91 006 961 799, Australian Financial Services Licence Number 235907.
- UniSuper means UniSuper Superannuation Fund, ABN 91 385 943 850.
- Username means the identification name which, in combination with your Password, enables you to access Employer Online.
- We, our or us are references to UniSuper Management.
- You or your are references to Registered Users.
No administration fees
A designated Employer Solutions Consultant to personally assist you
A dedicated employer help
An easy-to-use system to submit contributions and data online
Workplace visits, including on-site training
Education and advice services to answer your employees’ queries
Super administered in-house
Regular communications about UniSuper and the industry, and
The confidence your employees are in good hands.
As an industry super fund we offer members:
High quality products and services
A history of strong long-term investment returns*
Financial advice from qualified advisers through UniSuper Advice
Convenient, secure online access to your account, and
Access to free on-campus seminars and online webinars.
*Past performance is not an indicator of future performance